Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let's be Thankful

I wanted to write a post dedicated to being Thankful..........................


Let's face it most of our lives now involve social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, you can pretty much know what everyone is doing, where they are, what kind of day they are having, updates on families and well pretty much anything you can think of. I guess my reason for this post has to deal with the amount of negativity I have seen lately.


I'll get one question out of the way: No this is about no one in particular.


Over the past week I have seen posts mentioning husbands, children, friends & family members in a negative way or the infamous 3 letter update FML. I just wonder do these people realize that their life is just not that bad? It makes me wonder how many of us actually appreciate what we have, what God has blessed us with..... Maybe I have a different mind set since I have dealt with many losses: My grandmother, my dad and 2 pregnancies. I also had to leave my faith in the Lord for our triplets healthy entrance into this world. I do have really hard day's don't get me wrong but there is something I think about when I am having "one of those day's". There is always someone out there who has it way harder than you do. While you are complaining someone is trying desperately to feed and clothe their family, a family no longer has a loved one, parents no longer have a child to hold, a wife or husband no longer has their spouse, I could go on but I am sure you get the point.


I could probably ramble on this topic for a while but it would just be repetitive, the one thing I am trying to get across is be Thankful! Be thankful for your health, your family and friends and be thankful for what the Lord has blessed you with. Remember that the imperfections that happen in our life helped make us who we are today, embrace the challenges and overcome them in a positive way.

2 comments:

  1. Like!! I totally agree!!! I could go on and on about this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said... I have a college friend that was recently in a serious logging accident... he should have died but didn't. He has two daughters aged 2 and under and another one on the way... and I just can't imagine what his wife must be going through right now. Those kinds of things make you stop and realize how blessed you really are.

    ReplyDelete